Pink Pages     MyLocalHero 2022     Advertise with us     


CALLOUS ATTACK: Streatham terrorist identified as former Stanmore student 

 Published on: 12th February 2020   |   By: Jake Levison   |   Category: Uncategorized

A terrorist who stabbed two people while wearing a hoax suicide vest before being fatally shot by police officers was a former student at a Stanmore school.

The attacker, who has been named as 20-year-old Sudesh Amman, of Harrow, was a student at Park High School in Thistlecroft Gardens, between 2011 and 2016. 

Amman was recently released from prison where he was serving a sentence for terrorism offences and was under police surveillance when he went on his stabbing spree on Streatham High Road on February 2.

At approximately 2pm on February 2, it is believed that Amman stole a knife from a shop on the High Street which he then used to stab two innocent members of the public. 

The victims, a man in his 40s, who was initially considered to be in a life-threatening condition and a woman in her 50s, who had non-life-threatening injuries, were both rushed to hospital. They both survived.

As he was under police surveillance, armed officers responded and fatally shot Amman within approximately 60 seconds of him launching his attack. 

Officers then saw a device was strapped to his body and called in specialist explosives officers and additional armed officers to deal with the potential threat the device posed.

In May 2018, Amman was arrested and subsequently charged with a number of terrorism offences. 

After pleading guilty, he was sentenced to three years and four months’ in prison in December 2018 and was released on January 23, 2020 – just ten days before his attack, while serving less than a third of his jailtime (one year, one month and six days). 

Shortly after his heartless actions caught national headlines, ministers responded by submitting a legislation which stops the automatic release of any other terrorist.  

In an interview with Sky News, his mother, who spoke to him hours before the attack, believed he was radicalised in jail. 

“He became more religious inside prison, that’s where I think he became radicalised. He was watching and listening to things online which brainwashed him. Before he went to prison, he was not that religious.

“He was a polite, kind, lovely boy. He was always smiling. I’m so upset, he was only 20 years old.” 

Anyone with information that could assist with the investigation can call police, in confidence, on 0800 789 321.

In an emergency call 999. Police would also ask the public to continue to remain vigilant and report any concerns they have to police. 

Picture courtesy of Sky News

Sign up to get weekly local news updates & offers:

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Leave a comment



This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.