A man was arrested on suspicion of six serious offences after a lengthy police chase across Abbots Langley.
The incident began when police officers on patrol tried to stop a vehicle in the Gallows Hill area of Abbots on Saturday, May 23 at around 8.30pm.
Instead of stopping, the driver swiftly made off. Local officers began searching the area, with assistance from a police helicopter.
The vehicle was located a short time later, parked up in Long Elms. Enquiries were carried out at a nearby address and a 40-year-old man was subsequently arrested on suspicion of a number of offences, including:
- Failing to stop for police
- Dangerous driving
- Taking a vehicle without consent
- Driving without insurance
- Possession of class A drugs (heroin)
- Possession of class B drugs (cannabis)
- Driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence.
He has since been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
Picture courtesy of Hoss Photography