Nash Mills Church of England School has celebrated its 175th anniversary with a special Autumn Fayre event.
Taking place on Saturday, October 1, the event saw teachers, pupils, parents, ex-pupils and more come together to celebrate and enjoy the attractions on offer at the fair, which included a fire engine, trampolines, lucky dip, a tombola, an ice cream van and a candyfloss stall, amongst other things.
The school was founded way back in 1847 by John Dickinson, owner of the many paper mills that filled up the villages of Nash Mills and Apsley in the 19th century, as place for the children of workers to learn.
Its earliest buildings, made up of flint, still stand to this day, with them even surviving bombing raids during the Second World War.
At the Fayre, those interested in the school’s history could go into the main part of the newer building and see old photographs and written documents concerning the establishment’s past, with the earliest piece coming from 1871.
The money earnt from the day will go towards the continuing funding of the school, with the event managing to raise a fantastic £1974.
0 Comments