Pink Pages    Contact    Advertise with us    

BreakingYourLocalNews

Reports to be prepared for bomb hoax teen

 Published on: 14th September 2018   |   By: Jake Levison   |   Category: Uncategorized

Psychiatric reports are to be prepared on a teenager who has admitted causing a hijacking scare and making bogus bomb threats that caused the evacuation of hundreds of schools.

George Duke-Cohan, 19, first caused widespread panic in March when he emailed thousands of UK schools to warn about the planting of an explosive device.

He was arrested and bailed, but in April sent another batch of emails to schools in both the UK and the United States.

The teenager from Mutchetts Close, Garston was bailed for a second time with a condition that he did not use electronic devices.

In August he make a claim that hijackers had taken over a United Airlines flight from the UK to San Francisco.

A joint investigation between the UK’s National Crime Agency and the FBI in the US found Duke-Cohan had called San Francisco Airport and their police force.

He posed as a worried father, claiming his daughter had contacted him from the flight to say her plane had been hijacked by gunmen with a bomb.

Duke-Cohan was arrested for a third time and found to be in possession of numerous electronic devices, despite the restrictions in place.

Marc Horsfall, NCA senior investigating officer, said the teenager had caused “serious worry and inconvenience to thousands of people” and had “no consideration for the effect he was having on others”.

Earlier this month he pleaded guilty at Luton Magistrates’ Court to three charges of making hoax bomb threats. The case was sent to Luton crown court for sentence.

But today (Thursday) his lawyer Neville Gray told Judge Richard Foster that a pre-sentence report and a psychiatric report needs to be prepared.

The case is next due in court for a mention hearing in October.

Advertise with our magazine
Top