Emergency services rushed to the scene of a fire near Croxley Green which had resulted in the evacuation of a Premier Inn hotel.
The Premier Inn Croxley Green hotel on Ascot Road, Watford, was evacuated on Sunday, October 18 after emergency services were called to reports of a fire at around 9pm that evening.
Police and both Watford and Garston fire crews were mobilised to the incident which was caused by rechargeable batteries which had accidentally ignited in one of the rooms.
Fortunately, no was injured and everyone in the hotel was accounted for.
A Premier Inn spokesperson said: “We can confirm that the emergency services were called to an isolated fire in a hotel bedroom in our Croxley Green hotel. All guests were safely evacuated by the team, and returned to the building once it was safe to do so. We will be assisting the fire brigade while they carry out any necessary investigations.”
A statement from Hertfordshire Police said: “Police were called just after 9pm on Sunday 18 October by the fire service, reporting a fire at the Premier Inn hotel on Ascot Road in Watford.
“Officers attended and temporarily closed Whippendell Road at the roundabout junction with Rickmansworth Road and Ascot Road to allow firefighters to work at the location.
~The hotel was evacuated and the fire was put out before it was established the cause was accidental, after some batteries had ignited while charging in one of the rooms.
“No one was injured in the fire, and all staff and guests were accounted for.
“Police left the scene by 10.45pm.”
Picture credit: Watford Police