Pink Pages     MyLocalHero 2019     Advertise with us     

BreakingYourLocalNews

GUILTY PLEA: 17-year-old admits to stabbing man three times in Borehamwood

 Published on: 23rd February 2022   |   By: News Bulletin   |   Category: Uncategorized

A teenage boy has pleaded guilty to stabbing a man in Borehamwood three times in the early hours of the morning.

The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had committed the act with his accomplice, Ferlisha Thomas, attacking her partner who she had been in a drunken row with.

Today, attending St Albans Crown Court, the boy and Thomas, aged 40 and from Station Road in Borehamwood, pleaded not guilty to the charge of the attempted murder of Alexandru Ion. However, the boy did plead guilty to the charge of wounding with intent and possession of a knife on the night, whilst Thomas pleaded guilty to wounding.

Prosecutor Charles Ward-Jackson said there would be no need for a trial as the plea was acceptable to the prosecution.

The pair were originally charged after police were called at around 4:30am on October 12 last year, following reports of a man having been knifed in the chest, neck and back near Worcester House in Stratford Road.

Mr Ward-Jackson said: “The attack on her (Thomas’) then partner followed a drunken dispute in early hours. The boy stabbed him at least three times causing serious injuries.”

Both the boy and Thomas were remanded in custody until March 23 by Judge Richard Foster.

Sign up to get weekly local news updates & offers:

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

0 Comments

Leave a comment

*

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Top