Pink Pages     MyLocalHero 2019     Advertise with us     

BreakingYourLocalNews

FLAT FIRE: Woman rushed to hospital after kitchen fire in Hemel Hempstead

 Published on: 17th May 2022   |   By: Lizzie Ellis   |   Category: Uncategorized

A woman was rushed to hospital last week after suffering from smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at a flat in Hemel Hempstead.

Firefighters spent around one hour tackling the kitchen blaze at a ground floor flat on Pudding Lane, just before 4pm on Wednesday, May 11.

A spokesperson for Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue said: “We were called at 3.57pm on May 11 to a flat fire in Pudding Lane, Hemel Hempstead.

“Two appliances from Hemel Hempstead attended. Small fire in ground floor kitchen of flat.  Two breathing apparatus, one hose reel and one covering jet were used.

“Two people rescued from neighbouring flats and placed in care of ambulance service. Stop message 5pm”

An East of England Ambulance Service spokesperson added: “We were called to a house fire on Pudding Lane in Hemel Hempstead at 4.06pm on Wednesday, May 11. An ambulance, rapid response vehicle and senior paramedic were sent to the scene. An adult woman who was suffering with smoke inhalation was transported to Watford General Hospital for further assessment and treatment.”

Sign up to get weekly local news updates & offers:

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

0 Comments

Leave a comment

*

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Advertise with our magazine
Top