This rather murky image is of the other train station that once also served Rickmansworth, Rickmansworth Church Street), opening way back in 1887 and closing for passengers in 1952, though it stayed open for freight vehicles until 1967.
Here it had already been closed fully for five years, but it had at point been the terminus on another now-defunct train line.
Predating the current town station by fifteen years, it opened on the Watford and Rickmansworth Railway (W&RR), which in its original incarnation, took passengers from the station all the way to Watford Junction.
The line was never really a popular one, with the founding company going bankrupt nineteen years into its service, with another company taking over. Eventually passengers numbers dwindled into the single digits, and it was quietly closed.
With the track now removed, the trackbed is now known to residents as the Ebury Way rail trail. Where the platform and station buildings once were now stands social housing. There are now little to no hints a railway was even there.
Do you have any photos of Rickmansworth to share? Send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.