Police are warning homeowners in Bushey not to answer their doors to late-night sellers following a woman attempting to sell cupcakes.
Two concerned residents in Little Grove reported a late-night doorstep seller to police at around 10.45pm on Thursday, August 1.
Reports on social media suggest the woman was with three men in a car following her. She also visited Great Grove and Cornfield Road.
Officers were dispatched to investigate but unfortunately had to divert to another incident.
Hertfordshire Police told Bushey News they are not aware that any crimes have been committed.
The constabulary, in partnership with Trading Standards, are offering the following advice:
- Say no to doorstep callers
- Do not buy goods or services at the door
- Only deal with callers by appointment
- Always ask for identification and check it carefully
- Keep front and back doors locked
- Fit a door bar/ chain and use it
- Do not keep large sums of money in the home
- Don’t be a victim – say no to cold callers
If you have been visited by a rogue trader or you’re aware of a vulnerable consumer who has been targeted like this, contact the doorstep hotline on 0845 60 444 66.