Pink Pages     MyLocalHero 2019     Advertise with us     

BreakingYourLocalNews

‘WE STILL DESERVE BETTER’: Resident win after warehouse proposal in Maple Cross is rejected 

 Published on: 22nd November 2019   |   By: News Desk   |   Category: Uncategorized

There was something for Rickmansworth residents to celebrate last month as the warehouse proposal in Maple Cross was rejected by councillor on November 14. 

Previously reported in RickyNews, the proposal outlined the build of two warehouses covering 16,590 sqm next to the nature reserve in Maple Cross, and residents showed their outrage by campaign both on and offline. 

The proposal was rejected by councillor Sara Bedford as she declared her surprise that Highways had not cited any objection to the resultant traffic that the warehouses would create.

Campaigner, Rita Jones said: “We are really pleased with the result but unfortunately while this unsuitable piece of land remains in the local plan for this purpose. 

“We will have to keep fighting against developers trying to make good on their investment without consideration to the residents and maple lodge nature reserve. 

“Our hopes are that the council will rethink on their plan for the area and include some much-needed community amenities including a doctor’s surgery, dentist, shops even some housing in the appropriate areas.”

Founding member of the Online campaign group, Save Maple Cross from Warehouse Development Hell, Layla Doodle, said: “The Proposal was rejected, however there is a strong likelihood of a rehash of this same proposal as the developers have a big prize at stake and will no doubt not let this go.”

Sign up to get weekly local news updates & offers:

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

0 Comments

Leave a comment

*

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Top