Pink Pages     MyLocalHero 2022     Advertise with us     


Watford 0-4 Bournemouth

 Published on: 6th October 2018   |   By: Jason Allen   |   Category: Watford FC

It was an all-round miserable afternoon for Watford fans, as they saw their team concede four goals on a cold and rainy day at Vicarage Road. 

The first twelve minutes were dominated by the Hornets, as the home side got off to a quick start, winning two early corners, but failing to convert from either.

Will Hughes marked the end of Watford’s only good spell in the game as he forced a good save from Asmir Begović at the end of those twelve minutes.

The Bournemouth keeper then quickly put his team’s poor start behind him, as in the 13th minute he triggered a counter attack which ultimately allowed Bournemouth’s David Brooks to score from close range.

Watford didn’t give up immediately, though, and came close to making amends in the 18th minute, this time missing by a whisker as Craig Cathcart headed wide.

Referee Jonathon Moss caused controversy all afternoon and was put under huge pressure in the 32nd minute when Josh King went down in the box following contact from Christian Kabasele.

The man in the middle didn’t hesitate and proceeded to hand the Belgium international his second yellow card of the day, whilst awarding Eddie Howe’s side a penalty which King had no problem in converting. 

Two goals and a man down, Watford had more or less given up and the Cherries went for the kill.

The visitors put the game to bed before the half time interval as an accurate cross from Callum Wilson found striking partner King, who headered in his second goal of the game. 

Whatever Javi Gracia told his team at half time didn’t prove very useful.

Bournemouth scored their fourth goal only a minute after the second half had begun, as the Cherries playmaker turned goal scorer – with some fans still not back in their seats, Callum Wilson scored the final goal of the game as he latched onto a Ryan Fraser cross before tapping home.

Four down, the Golden Boys were now facing a team who were keen to play the possession game and see out their three points.

An Abdoulaye Doucouré drive and an Andrew Surman yellow card received the biggest cheers in the second half.

Watford played well for five minutes in between the 70th and 75th minutes but looked like they didn’t want to be at the Vic today, seeing out a game which they will be eager to put behind them.

Picture courtesy of Watford FC 

Sign up to get weekly local news updates & offers:

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Leave a comment



This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.