Pink Pages     MyLocalHero 2019     Advertise with us     

BreakingYourLocalNews

WARNING: Fire brigade warns residents of dangers of electrical goods after fire in Pinner flat

 Published on: 2nd March 2022   |   By: Holly Bullen   |   Category: Uncategorized

Firefighters from the London Fire Brigade (LFB) are offering safety advice to residents after a flat fire in Pinner.

The reminder comes after firefighters tackled a small fire in the kitchen of a first-floor flat on West End Lane and removed a dishwasher from the building.

The fire on February 22 is believed to have involved a dishwasher. There were no reports of any injuries.

A LFB spokesperson said: “If a fire breaks out whilst you’re sleeping, you’ll have less time to react and safely escape. It’s really important to have working smoke alarms to provide you with the earliest warning of a fire in your home.

“If your white goods start making a strange noise, don’t ignore it. If you think there’s a problem always unplug it and contact the manufacturer or a qualified repair technician.

“Most fires where white goods are the source of ignition are not down to anything you have done – so always make sure you register your appliances as you’ll be informed if any issues are identified with the product you’ve bought.”

Picture credit London Fire Brigade

Sign up to get weekly local news updates & offers:

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

0 Comments

Leave a comment

*

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Top