Pink Pages     MyLocalHero 2022     Advertise with us     


FATAL STABBING: Hillingdon teenager convicted after schoolboy stabbed to death

 Published on: 22nd July 2022   |   By: News Bulletin   |   Category: Uncategorized

A teenager from Hillingdon has been convicted following a fatal stabbing in Hayes.

A 16-year-old boy was found guilty at Harrow Crown Court today, (July 22) of the manslaughter of 15-year-old Jalan Woods-Bell.

He was also convicted of possession of having an article with a blade or point in a public place.

He will be sentenced on Thursday, September 8.

Detective Inspector Mike Nolan, who led the investigation, said: Jalan was walking to school with his friends when he was set upon by the defendant. Whilst it is apparent that there was some form of grievance between these two teenagers, nothing can justify the taking of another life.

“The defendant attempted to justify his actions by claiming self-defence, but the evidence and eye witness accounts confirm that he was carrying a large knife in a gloved hand. Whereas Jalan was unarmed, and tried to use a traffic cone to fend off his attacker.

“Once again another teenager has lost his life to knife crime, and another family is grieving the loss of a child. Our thoughts are with them today.

“We are determined to do whatever is necessary to crack down on violence, but we need the help of our communities and partners to tackle this problem. Together we can help educate young people and steer them away from a life of violence.”

Police were called at about 08:30hrs on 11 June 2021 to Blyth Road in Hayes following reports of an assault. Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended. Jalan was found with stab injuries and despite the efforts of emergency services, he was pronounced dead at the scene.

A special post-mortem examination held on June 13, 2021 gave cause of death as a stab wound.

Local CCTV cameras captured the moment the suspect – who was just 15 years old at the time – followed Jalan, who was with two friends. He produced a large Rambo style knife from his waistband before chasing after Jalan; he slashed him across the face and stabbed him in the chest.

The suspect ran away from the scene, and made his way to school where he was arrested a short time later.

Detectives from the Met’s Specialist Crime Command launched an investigation to try and establish why the attack had taken place.

Eye witnesses told officers that the suspect appeared to have been filming the attack on his phone. However, he refused to answer any questions, or provide and explanation, during interview.

He was charged on June 12, 2021.

Sign up to get weekly local news updates & offers:

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Leave a comment



This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.