Plans have been submitted to Buckinghamshire Council to build a new dentist surgery in Chalfont St Peter.
Developers have applied to change the use of the first and second floors of 3 Market Place in order to benefit from a new dental practice.
The plans also include proposals to change the car park by adding a new disabled access ramp and also build a single storey rear extension.
No changes to the shopfront of 3 Market Place have been lodged.
Developers explained how locals will benefit from a new dental surgery. This will happen by:
- Improving dental access issues by bridging the gap and providing additional dental services currently unavailable to the local public.
Providing dental services outside of typical NHS hours with extended opening hours including evenings and weekends. Emergency access to dental care by dentists with a 24/7 helpline callout service.
- Creating a bespoke facility, compliant with all COVID-19 regulations. Future proofing against any further effects of the pandemic.
- Investment in the local area and boost the local economy with job creation and helping rejuvenate the high street.
- Complement existing health and wellness businesses on the high street.
- Creation of a dental laboratory serving local NHS clinics (currently unavailable in the local area).
- Introduce affordable treatments and flexible payment solutions for patients.