A mother from Northwood Hills is calling on local councils to better maintain parks in the area after her daughter was hospitalised.
Victoria Dean was with her two-year-old daughter at the small park off Reid Close when the toddler tripped and fell onto her hands. She landed on jagged bits of glass that caused her to start bleeding profusely.
At first, it seemed as if the wound would need suturing and Victoria’s daughter would need to go under general anaesthetic to receive treatment.
Thankfully, the team at Northwick Park Hospital were able to respond with less invasive treatment after an X-ray revealed no glass remained in the toddler’s hands.
Victoria said: “How often [do] kids’ parks and play areas get cleaned by the council? I’m sick of people leaving their rubbish and broken glass in children’s play areas.”
Harrow Council and Hillingdon Council have been contacted for comment.