More Watford players will not be reporting for training after three people have tested positive for COVID-19 at the club’s training ground after the Premier League’s first round of testing.
Watford are the worst hit of the top flight clubs after six positive results were recorded across the Premier League following a wave of tests on players and staff on Monday and Tuesday.
Of those three positive tests, one is a player and two are members of staff. All three have asked that medical confidentiality be respected and, therefore, the club will not be naming those involved.
Captain Troy Deeney had already said he would not be attending training yesterday (Tuesday) and its reported that several more players will now be following his stance.
Hornets boss Nigel Pearson said he was worried there would be fatalities if the Premier League returned too soon
All three will now self-isolate for seven days – in line with the protocols set out in Premier League guidelines – before being tested again at a later date.
Strict adherence to the Premier League guidelines has ensured the training ground remains virus-free and a safe environment for the players to continue to work.