A woman pleaded guilty to a number of charges in connection with an incident that happened at Tesco in Rickmansworth on Sunday, December 23, 2018.
Lucy Turner, aged 32, of Organ Hall Road in Borehamwood, was charged with the following offences:
- Attempted theft (from Tesco in Rickmansworth)
- Causing serious injury by dangerous driving
- Use of a motor vehicle on a road/public place without third party insurance
- Driving whilst disqualified
- Being the driver of a vehicle that failed to stop after a collision
- Being the driver of a vehicle that failed to stop after a collision and failing to report the collision
She was also charged in connection with two separate incidents: a theft from Tesco in Pinner on December 23 and a theft from the Co-op in Borehamwood on December 24.
Turner appeared at Hatfield Remand Court on Saturday, February 16 and pleaded guilty to all charges. She has been remanded in custody and will next appear at St Albans Crown Court on Friday, March 8.
Just before 2pm on December 23, police were called to a report of a car being in collision with several people in the Tesco car park on Harefield Road in Rickmansworth.
The ambulance service also attended the incident and a woman was taken to Watford General Hospital after sustaining a serious injury.
A 45-year old-man was previously arrested on suspicion of theft and dangerous driving and a 47-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of GBH, theft and dangerous driving in connection with the incident at Tesco on Rickmansworth Road. They are both from Edgware and both remain under investigation at this time.
Read our previous reports here: