Pink Pages     MyLocalHero 2019     Advertise with us     

BreakingYourLocalNews

Watford allotment holders celebrate with legal team after winning legal battle last month

 Published on: 20th October 2017   |   By: The Newsdesk   |   Category:

Allotment holders and supporters in Watford held a party last night (November 12) to celebrate after winning their latest legal battle. Save Farm Terrace went to the High Court in July and challenged Watford Borough Councils Decision to build on the 128 plots and managed to block a second decision on October 31 by Communities Secretary Eric Pickles. Watford Borough Council said there are plans to build 750 homes, the Watford Health Campus and commercial buildings in a proposed £250 million development on the site behind Watford Football Club. The celebratory party with a bonfire, BBQ and homemade food was held to thank the legal team who supported Farm Terrace; they are Adam Hundt, Jason Coppel QC and Hannah Slarks. Allotment holder of 15-years, Pete Baillie was over the moon with the outcome: “We were elated when we got the result on Halloween, we were over the mood. “I have two grandchildren and if we would have lost the plots, they wouldn’t have been able to help me plant the spuds… it’s healthy for them. “If the Mayor had come to us we could have worked together, maybe have given her a few plots for rehabilitation or education purposes.” Paolo Arrigo, director of Franchi Seeds attended the event, he commented on the future of allotments. He said: “It shows other allotments holders that they can make a difference, its given power to the people.”

Sign up to get weekly local news updates & offers:

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

0 Comments

Leave a comment

*

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Advertise with our magazine
Top