The team that work at Sunrise of Chorleywood made care packages for various local support groups to help those struggling throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
The boxes they made contained different puzzles, pens, mugs, chocolate, biscuits, soaps, hand creams, books, playing cards and sweets. They also sent over 135 puzzle packs to local COVID-19 support groups.
These groups included:
- Age UK Herts
- Croxley Green Covid Support Group
- Rickmansworth Covid Support Group
- Chipperfield Covid Support Group
- Northwood Covid Support Group
- St Andrews Church Chorleywood who are part of the Chorleywood Covid Support Group
- South Oxhey/Carpenders Park Covid Support Group.
- Maple Cross and West Hyde Covid Support Group
Team members Tracy Moore, Patrick Maher, Julie Taylor, Teresa Hughes, Vanessa Harker began this initiative to help the local community as much as they could. They donated multiple boxes to each support group and donated more than once to the support groups with more people.
Tracy Moore, director of community relations at Sunrise of Chorleywood, said: “I felt like at Sunrise of Chorleywood felt we were in a position to support those in our community who are struggling the most at the moment.
“The activities team wanted to get behind me with this and helped me create the boxes. Our care boxes were so well received, I am so happy we could come together and do something to help the local community.”