Pink Pages     MyLocalHero 2019     Advertise with us     

BreakingYourLocalNews

SHOOTING: Man found guilty of having gun with intent after teen shot in the neck in Borehamwood 

 Published on: 13th October 2021   |   By: News Bulletin   |   Category: Uncategorized

A man has been found guilty of being in possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life in connection with an incident in Borehamwood last year.

Police were called to Cranes Way at 10.50pm on Tuesday, August 4, 2020, following reports of a person being found with a gunshot wound.

Police, including armed response officers, and the East of England Ambulance Service attended and discovered a 16-year-old boy who had been shot in the neck suffering serious injuries.

Following investigations by the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, Sean Price, aged 24 of Rushmore Road, Ipswich was arrested on Wednesday, August 12. 

He was subsequently charged with attempted murder, possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice. He denied all the charges.

Following a trial at St Albans Crown Court, Price was yesterday (Tuesday, October 12) found guilty of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life, and not guilty of attempted murder or conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

Price will remain on remand with sentencing set for the December 10 at Croydon Crown Court.  

During the trial, the court was told the teenager had been a passenger in a Ford Fusion, which was making its way back to Borehamwood from Barnet, when he was shot.

The boy’s injuries resulted in him being paralysed from the waist down, with restricted mobility from the neck down. He was hospitalised for ten months.

In addition, two others were charged in connection to the incident.

Monet O’Shea, aged 23, of Grey’s Gable, Cedar Close, Borehamwood who denied perverting the course of justice and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice was found not guilty of either count.

Courtney Leeds, aged 18, of Beethoven Road, Elstree who denied perverting the course of justice was found guilty.

Detective Inspector Mark Butler, of the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: “These verdicts are the culmination of many months of investigation. 

“Unlawful possession of a firearm will always be treated very seriously, given the danger to the public and, in this case, the serious injury inflicted on the young victim. 

“Unlawful possession and discharge of firearms will not be tolerated and we will do all we can to investigate this and bring offenders to justice. 

“I would like to thank everyone who supported this particularly challenging and complex investigation.”

Sign up to get weekly local news updates & offers:

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

0 Comments

Leave a comment

*

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Advertise with our magazine
Top