The public has been asked to stay away from Northwick Park this week while a new A & E unit opens at the hospital. The trust which manages the hospital has asked patients to steer clear of the hospital between midnight on Tuesday (December 9) and 4am on Wednesday (December 10). During this four hour window, London Ambulance Service will not transport patients to Northwick Park Hospital’s A&E. A statement from London North West Healthcare NHS Trust said: “To ensure patient safety there will be two teams of staff working during the move to ensure that patients in the existing A&E still receive treatment while the move takes place. “Members of the public who require treatment during this time are asked to consider alternative options and should call NHS 111 in the first instance. “A lot of careful planning has taken place to prepare for the move. Staff are working with neighbouring NHS Trusts and London Ambulance Service to ensure that everyone is prepared for the move.” Northwick Park’s A & E has been under huge pressure in recent months, following the closure of units at Central Middlesex and Hammersmith hospitals. Last month health chiefs launched an enquiry into lengthy delays for beds, following revelations that ambulance drivers have been told to call ahead before taking any patient to Northwick Park due to overcrowding.
Public asked to stay away from Northwick Park while new unit opens
Published on: 8th December 2014 | By: The Newsdesk | Category:
25th April 2022View full story
19th May 2020View full story
7th March 2020View full story