The Cassiobury Park paddling pool in Watford is to be closed for three days in May, to allow essential maintenance to take place and ensure it’s ready for the peak periods over the summer months ahead.
Watford Borough Council has said that the splash park will be closed on May 16, 17 and 18, while work is carried out on the pool plant. It is hoped that repair work will be finished in time for the paddling pool to reopen at the weekend.
The paddling pool is usually open daily from 10am to 6.30pm between which times staff check and monitor water quality. Last year, a booking system created by Everyone Active and Watford Borough Council was also introduced to help manage the facility during peak times.
The bookings run in one hour play slots, limited to 270 people at one time (including parents and guardians), and are bookable for the following entry times – 10am, 11.30am, 1pm, 2.30pm, 4pm and 5.30pm.
In order to pre-book, park-visitors will need to register an account with Everyone Active atin order to get a member ID and Pin Number. Bookings can be made via the Everyone Active app and website via . Instructions for the app can be found below:
2. Select your home centre. This can be done by selecting the three lines at the top left-hand side of the screen. Select “My Clubs” and click the ‘+’ in the top right-hand corner to search for ‘Cassiobury Park Paddling Pools’
3. Click the icon “Courses & Lessons”.
4. Choose the time you wish to book your session for
5. When the option to book is selected, you will be prompted to login if you haven’t already
6. If you do not know your login credentials, please select ‘forgotten my password’
7. Review your booking details and tap the green “BOOK” button to confirm your reservation
People are encouraged not to book back to back slots, otherwise children and families wanting to use the facility might not be accommodated. If you book back to back sessions you will still be required to exit upon the ‘time up’ whistle and will be refused entry on to the next session.
For more information on how to visit Watford’s parks safely and their facilities, please visit