A large fire that took five fire engines all night to put out is believed to have been started by bonfire night partygoers. The fire occurred at Rectory Farm, which borders Gade Valley Close, and was a ‘sizeable incident’ according to a Herts Fire Service spokesperson. After arriving at the farm at 9.50pm on November 5, firefighters tackled the blaze till the following morning on November 6. The spokesperson added that the building that caught fire was ‘a very large Turkey shed’. Parts of the farm have been disused for a number of years but now hosts a range of workshops and local businesses. Residents were informed by Police about the incident. Authorities believe there was a firework party and an unknown object caught fire, causing the partygoers to flee the scene before a large explosion occurred. There is no evidence that anyone was hurt. Hear more about what’s happening in your local community in the December edition of MyKingsNews, which will be distributed on December 2.
Partygoers’ near miss as farm fire takes ‘all night’ to snuff out
Published on: 24th November 2016 | By: The Newsdesk | Category:
25th February 2019View full story
30th May 2019View full story
12th March 2018View full story