Pink Pages     MyLocalHero 2019     Advertise with us     

BreakingYourLocalNews

PAEDOPHILE CHARGES: Watford man accused of sex offences dating back more than 30 years

 Published on: 17th February 2020   |   By: Geraint Roberts   |   Category: Uncategorized

A Watford man has gone on trial accused of sexual offences against young children going back more than 30 years.

Maqsood Asif who is now 58 is alleged by the prosecution to have committed the offences when he was aged between 19 and 33 at locations in the town.

At St Albans Crown Court today (Monday) the Watford man pleaded not guilty to one charge of rape, seven counts of indecent assault, indecency with a male person and indecency with a child.

The charges involved three youngsters, a boy and two young girls who were aged between four and 13.

Prosecutor Wayne Cleaver said the victims are now middle-aged adults who had kept silent for years about what had happened to them at the hands of the defendant.

“Each of these three are now adults but the experience of what happened to them remained with them over the years and recently they have come forward to the authorities,” he said.

He said the first of the victim to tell her story to the police was a woman now in her late 30s who told officers how on many occasions when she was aged between eight and 13 the defendant had intimately touched her.

She said he’d performed a sex act on her and revealed on one occasion she had been raped by Mr Asif.

Mr Cleaver said following the woman’s account to the police two other alleged victims of Mr Asif were interviewed by police.

A man now in his early 40s told police the defendant had intimately fondled him when he was a young boy.

A woman also in her 40s came forward to tell the police she too had been a victim of Mr Asif.

She said as a youngster she had been been subjected to indecent assaults by him and he had exposed himself to her and forced her to perform a sex act on him.

Mr Cleaver told the court that over the years the young girl like the other two victims kept quiet about what happened.

The jury heard that when arrested the defendant denied he had committed the offences on the children and says what they are claiming didn’t happen.

The case continues.

Sign up to get weekly local news updates & offers:

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

0 Comments

Leave a comment

*

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Top