Pink Pages     MyLocalHero 2022     Advertise with us     


KITCHEN BLAZE: Chalfont microwave fire over festive season leaves two needing treatment

 Published on: 6th January 2023   |   By: Bryn Holmes   |   Category: Uncategorized

Two women received emergency care from firefighters and paramedics following a fire that broke out in a house in Chalfont St Peter at the end of last month.

The Bedfordshire Fire & Rescue Service were called out to School Lane in the village at 1.49pm on Thursday, December 29. Four appliances and crews from Gerrards Cross, Beaconsfield, Slough and Langley attended the scene, along with one officer as well.

The blaze was started inside a microwave located on the first floor of the two-storey 40×40 building but had fortunately been put out by the time of the firefighters’ arrival.

Upon appearing at the scene, the fire service were able to remove the microwave from the building to ensure the structure’s safety. They then used a thermal imaging camera to check for any hotspots that may have been missed.

The firefighters were then able to apply incident emergency care to two women who had been caught up in the incident, before the South Central Ambulance Service arrived and took over.

The cause of the microwave’s fire is currently unknown.

Sign up to get weekly local news updates & offers:

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Leave a comment



This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.