Pink Pages     MyLocalHero 2022     Advertise with us     


JUSTICE DONE: Four sentenced after vicious attack in Watford town centre

 Published on: 24th December 2020   |   By: News Bulletin   |   Category: Uncategorized

Four men were sentenced to a collective total of 12 years and 8 months in prison after two men were viciously attacked in Watford town centre.

Alexandru Hriscu, 22, of Wells Drive, Kingsbury, London, pleaded guilty to Grievous Bodily Harm (GBH) and was sentenced to seven years and four months.

William Foe, 26, of The Meads in Edgware, pleaded guilty to GBH and was sentenced to two years in prison.

Mehdi Haili, 23, of Cressingham Road in Edgware, pleaded guilty to Section 20GBH and was sentenced to 22 months.

Achim Lassy, 20, of Stanborough Road in Borehamwood, pleaded guilty to GBH and was handed a 20-month sentence.

All four appeared before St Albans Crown Court for sentencing on Thursday, December 17.

The court heard how in the early hours of Tuesday, April 30, 2019, the two male victims – both aged 29 at the time of the incident – got into a disagreement with Hriscu as they left Pryzm nightclub on The Parade.

The victims attempted to leave the area and began walking down the High Street when they were again confronted by an agitated Hriscu. A trained martial artist and black belt in Taekwondo, Hriscu launched the attack by assaulting one of the victims with a flying kick before going on to punch and slap them.

Soon after the three further defendants joined in, each throwing several punches towards both victims. The group then continued to violently assault both victims, who had been knocked to the ground, by kicking and stamping on their heads as they lay helpless.

Several peacemakers intervened and were helped by a security guard before police officers arrived and detained all four defendants.

Detective Constable Lewis Mortimer said: “This was a shocking, sustained and unprovoked attack which has left both victims with lasting injuries that they are still suffering the effects of today.

“The first victim suffered a broken arm during the assault and has endured a number of surgical procedures to stabilise his wrist joint, but he continues to experience on-going pain.

“The second victim suffered a facial fracture which also required surgery, and he too is living with on-going symptoms. Both men were simply enjoying a night out when they had the misfortune to come across the four defendants, who seemed to be spoiling for a fight.

“What they did was truly appalling and throughout the attack they showed absolutely no concern for the victims, even when they lay helpless on the ground.

“Prior to the assault, none of the defendants had any previous criminal convictions but their decisions on that night will now have a lasting effect not only on their victims’ lives, but their own, and that of their families. I hope they use their prison terms to find remorse and reflect on the seriousness of what they did.”

Sign up to get weekly local news updates & offers:

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Leave a comment



This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.