A new study has revealed that Hillingdon is the seventh least active borough in London.
Conducted by golfsupport.com, they revealed that 69,900 people aren’t pulling their weight when it comes to their health.
The research is based on the UK’s “inactive population” described by Sport England as doing less than 30 minutes per week of moderate intensity equivalent (MIE) physical activity. The data was collected over a one-year period, from May 2017 to May 2018.
As a result, sporting enthusiasts at Golfsupport.com decided to illustrate the regions in the UK and the London boroughs. Golfsupport assessed open data from Sport England’s report, ‘Sport and Physical Activity Levels amongst adults aged 16+’, highlighting the areas with the least active population.
Northwood-based personal trainer, Craig Peterson, who works for F&F Fitness revealed that it wasn’t the news that you want to hear.
He also gave five simple steps for people to take to get more active on a regular basis.
- Find something that you like and enjoy and stick to it. If you are doing something that you like, you have more drive and motivation to do it
- Join local fitness clubs or teams – doing things in the community is always fun and you can meet new people around the area
- Keeping active throughout the day
- Walking – walking to work, or working to the shop when you usually drive is doing something normal which is also keeping you more active
- Sign up to free fitness events, always keep a look out for free trials