On occasions where there may be a waiting period for an ambulance, reaching a defibrillator may be the difference between life and death.
Abbots Langley Parish Council has produced a comprehensive list of the nine defibrillator locations in the area.
Defibrillators are installed at the following locations, they are housed in bright yellow cabinets and are clearly visible on the external walls of the buildings. Each is accessible all year round, 24/7.
- Henderson Hall, High Street, Abbots Langley, WD5 0AR
- Manor House, Gallows Hill Lane, Abbots Langley, WD5 0DD
- Abbots Langley Police Station, Manor Lodge, High Street, Abbots Langley WD5 0AP
- Tanners Wood Hall, School Mead, Abbots Langley, WD5 0LA
- Leavesden Pharmacy, Katherine Place, College Road, Abbots Langley, WD5 0BT
- Kings Lodge, Hunton Bridge, Kings Langley, WD4 8RF
- Bedmond Village Hall, High Street, Bedmond, WD5 0QX
- Co-op Food Store, Abbotswood Park, Aerodrome Way, Abbots Langley, WD25 7LS
- Kings Langley Railway Station, Station Road, Kings Langley, WD4 8LL
Each location has an Emergency Ready ipad SP1 semi-automatic defibrillator meaning they are checked, serviced and looked after by Abbots Langley Parish Council, to a standard that allows the East of England Ambulance Station and Emergency Services to deploy them when required.
Residents are urged to return the defibrillator after use as soon as possible so that it can be serviced and made “Emergency Ready” once more.