The inquest into the deaths of Bushey residents Carol Hunt, 61, and her daughters Hannah, 28, and Louise, 25, has today (Tuesday, July 30) revealed further details regarding the killings that sent shockwaves through the nation.
At Hertfordshire Coroner’s Court in Hatfield, the inquest heard that Carol was stabbed to death while Hannah and Louise were killed by injuries caused by a crossbow bolt. The three women were attacked at their home in Ashlyn Close, Bushey, on the evening of Tuesday, July 9.
Suspect Kyle Clifford, 26, who is Louise’s ex-boyfriend, was found injured in Enfield following a police manhunt. He was arrested on suspicion of three counts of murder on Thursday, July 11.
According to reports from BBC News, senior coroner Geoffrey Sullivan has been told that Hannah had texted an unnamed individual during the attack, telling them that she had been tied up. She asked them to contact police and told them that the individual responsible was still in the house.
Hannah was later able to call the police. She told officers that she had been shot alongside her mother and sister and gave out her address, shortly before the call cut out.
The hearing was told that when law enforcement arrived on the scene, they found her alive in the main doorway of the home with a crossbow bolt in her chest.
The inquest has now been adjourned for a later date.
0 Comments