Major improvements are happening on the East Coast Mainline over this August Bank Holiday weekend, from Saturday, August 24 to Monday, August 26.
A spokesperson for Trainline has advised: “If you’re planning a trip, you may find it easier to travel on Friday, August 23 or Tuesday, August 27 instead.
“And, as always, check your app before you travel for the latest updates. Timetables on our app and website have been updated to reflect the changes.”
August 24 and 25:
- London Kings Cross station will be closed.
- There’ll be no trains between Kings Cross and Peterborough, Stevenage or Cambridge, and there’ll be a reduced service across the rest of the East Coast Mainline.
- Alternative routes will be busy.
- There’ll be a reduced train service to and from London Kings Cross, with trains diverted between Doncaster and Newark North Gate while Network Rail carries out track renewal work.
- Trains are likely to be very busy.