Pink Pages     MyLocalHero 2019     Advertise with us     


BEHIND BARS: Chorleywood biker sentenced to 14 years for role in gang stabbings

 Published on: 1st December 2019   |   By: News Desk   |   Category: Uncategorized

A biker from Chorleywood was sentenced recently for his involvement in a bloody attack on members of a rival motorcycle club, which left one man disembowelled.

David Jacobs, 29, of Chalfont Lane, Chorleywood, was one of seven members of two biker gangs, the Red Devils and Hells Angels Motorcycle Clubs, who were all sentenced to 14 years behind bars.

The attack happened on November 7, 2018 in an outbuilding at the Forman Club and Institute in Blindley Heath, Surrey, where members of the Warg Brotherhood were joined by members of the Vikings Motorcycle Club for their weekly meeting.

Just before 7.30pm, thirteen figures dressed in balaclavas and dark clothing were seen on CCTV walking along the A22 towards the Forman institute. Moments later they entered the outbuilding and attacked the people inside with various weapons.

Surrey Police arrived at the scene to find seven men with serious stab wounds and blunt force injuries.

One man had been stabbed through his right arm, another had lacerations to his stomach which required bowel surgery and 29 staples, while others had bruising and stab wounds on their heads, legs and buttocks.

Despite protesting their innocence during the eight-week trial, in July, the seven men were found guilty of their involvement, and were sentenced to a combined tariff of over 150 years.

Each of the men was sentenced to 14 years for six counts of grievous bodily harm with intent (section 18) with further sentences for lesser charges that will run concurrently.

David was sentenced to; 14 years for the six counts of Section 18 GBH, four years for the count of violent disorder, nine months for the count of assault occasioning ABH, two years for the count of possessing a bladed article, 15 months for the count of possessing an offensive weapon. The sentences will run concurrently.

During sentencing, his honour Judge John described how “this was part of a turf war by prospects or probationers to earn their spurs for their club”.

Detective Chief Inspector Chris Friday, who led the investigation said: “The horrific nature of this crime, and the meticulous planning that went into this unprovoked attack, has led to lengthy sentences for all seven men, who knew full-well what they were getting involved with that evening.

“In his summing up the judge highlighted how none of the men admitted their role in the events of that evening, and none of them showed any remorse.

“I hope they will take time in prison to contemplate the impact their gratuitous criminal violence had on their victims that night and since – one of whom is suffering from PTSD, and another of whom has a metal plate in his arm.”

Sign up to get weekly local news updates & offers:

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Leave a comment



This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.