Pink Pages     MyLocalHero 2022     Advertise with us     


Stalker jailed after leaving Watford victim petrified and ‘manipulated’ 

 Published on: 29th May 2019   |   By: Court Reporter   |   Category: Uncategorized

An Uxbridge man was jailed for two years yesterday (May 28) after stalking his ex-girlfriend after she ended their 15-month relationship. 

Jack Deanus, 22, waged an escalating campaign against his victim, from Watford, after he bombarded his ex-girlfriend with messages, following her and turning up at her home and work.

After his ex-girlfriend broke up with Deanus on February 23, he continued to contact her by phone calls and constant text messages which ended in Deanus being blocked by her on March 1. 

Prosecutor Ryan Thompson said: “He turned up outside her home. She went to speak to him and asked him to leave her alone.”

On March 2 and 3, Deanus was outside her home and continued to contact her. 

Prosecutor Thompson continued: “On March 7, he sent her a message asking if she wanted a lift from Watford train station as he was by The Flag pub.

“The following day he sent a picture of himself waiting at the train station when she was at work in London. He then called her over 100 times that evening.” 

Deanus was at Blackfriars tube station when she was with two work colleagues and gave her a teddy bear. When he appeared to be getting onto the same train, one of the friends intervened and asked him not to.

He was warned by the police, but continued to message her through Twitter and followed her home from the station.

On March 21, he was arrested and bailed with conditions not to contact her which he broke and confronted her in an attempt to get her to withdraw her complaint the court heard.

He continued to message her, talking about their past sexual history and more sexual messages.

Mr Thompson explained how Deanus broke his conditions further when he appeared on the same street as her on April 2 as she walked home from work. He said he was ‘Sorry’.

The next day she was walking to the station when he met her and called her a ‘f……. c…’

He told her when the police had been at his home the previous night, he was not in because: “I was at your house under your nose.”

Deanus of Belmont Close, Uxbridge cried in the dock throughout the hearing. He appeared for sentence having pleaded guilty to stalking and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Bill Maley, defending, said he was showed a lack of maturity, but had not continued the behaviour when he had been bailed.

He said: “He has shown remorse. It was his first relationship, he was very much in love and besotted with her. He has good references and has a lot to offer the community.”

Judge Caroline Wigin said: “This has had a dreadful effect on this young woman. She couldn’t sleep and became shaky when she saw you. She was crying at work.

“She felt manipulated by you. You threatened to commit suicide and said she was ruining your life. You always put your own needs before hers.

“You made her mother scared for her. She had to monitor her movements and ring to check she had arrived at work.

“The sexualised messages made her feel sick and violated. This course of conduct persisted.”

The judge made a restraining order banning Deanus from contacting the victim or going near her home or work.

Sign up to get weekly local news updates & offers:

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Leave a comment



This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.