Pink Pages     MyLocalHero 2024     Advertise with us     

BreakingYourLocalNews

‘EXTREME VIOLENCE’: Several gang members convicted for violent offences in Watford

 Published on: 26th June 2025   |   By: Nik Allen   |   Category: Uncategorized

Eight gang members will be sentenced for their roles in violent offences which happened in Watford last summer.

Three cases were brought before Reading Crown Court which showed an escalation in violence across the town before a shooting took place on the A41 in Watford.

Detectives from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit and officers from the Operation Thwart team who focus on serious street violence investigated the cases collaboratively.

A man aged in his 20s sustained a stab wound during an assault in Maeme’s chicken shop on July 23, 2024, the jury heard. Marcel Gordon, now aged 19 and of Garsmouth Way, Watford, was found unanimously guilty of GBH with intent and possession of a bladed article, having previously denied the offences.

On July 24, 2024, an assault occurred at an address in Brocklesbury Close, Watford. A man in his 20s was located with stab wounds. He has since recovered from his injuries.

At the beginning of the trial, Desmond Bonato, aged 19 and of Raphael Drive, Watford; Emmanjuel Nyanutenha, aged 18 and of King Georges Avenue, Watford; a 17-year-old boy from London; and a 17-year-old boy from Kent all pleaded guilty to GBH with intent and possession of a bladed article in relation to this assault.

The third and final case presented was a disturbance which happened in the park in Meriden Way at around 3.30pm on July 25, 2024. Following the violent disorder, at around 5.20pm on the same day, a man was travelling southbound on an e-bike on the A41. An altercation involving occupants of a black BMW ensued and a shot was fired by Hekmat Galmne. The man on the e-bike suffered a gunshot wound and was taken to hospital for treatment. Thankfully, he made a full recovery.

Galmne, now aged 27 and of Village Way, Pinner, was found guilty of attempted murder and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life having denied the offences.

A 17-year-old boy from Watford, who was the passenger in the BMW, was found guilty of Section 18 GBH with intent and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life. He was found not guilty of attempted murder.

Gordon was found guilty of violent disorder.

At an earlier hearing, Carlito Dujon, aged 20 and of Dodd Road, Watford, pleaded guilty to possession of an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear or violence and possession of a bladed article. This relates to the A41 investigation. He also pleaded guilty to possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life. This relates to an investigation by the Operation Thwart team.

Bonato also pleaded guilty to violent disorder at an earlier hearing.

Detective Inspector Mark Butler, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: “I would like to thank my dedicated team who have worked extremely hard investigating the shooting and violent disorder incident.

“The complexities of this investigation cannot be understated, and it is thanks to their meticulous attention to detail that we were able to bring this case to court. I’d also like to thank the Operation Thwart team who we have worked closely with and shared the ultimate goal of securing convictions for those who committed these offences.

“I’d also like to thank the brave members of the public who responded to such a dangerous incident, gave evidence during the trial and played a crucial role in our enquiries.

“This result proves we will go to great lengths to hold people who use such extreme violence in such a reckless and careless manner to account.”

Detective Inspector Michael Ball, from the Operation Thwart Team, said: “This result reiterates that there is no place for violence in Hertfordshire. I’d like to thank my team who have worked tirelessly to ensure these dangerous individuals have been removed from the streets of Watford.

“We are committed to ensuring that we respond robustly to these types of incidents and hope this result sends a warning to anyone who thinks they can commit these crimes in our county that they are not welcome and will face the full force of the law.”

The verdicts were delivered on Wednesday, June 25, at Reading Crown Court after a four-and-a-half-week trial.

They are all due to be sentenced on November 21, 2025.

Sign up to get weekly local news updates & offers:

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

0 Comments

Leave a comment

*

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Keep up to date and follow us:
Top